Low profile gaming.

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Hardware
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a low profile video card. I will not be running anything to intense, but I would prefer DX10 support. The card will only be going in a little HP Slimline I picked up to use a s a media server.

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    The 8400GS is probably your best bet if the PC has a x16 PCI express slot. Just make sure whichever one you buy is not just marketed as "Low Profile" but actually includes a low profile bracket. Here's One.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I was either looking at that one or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161078
    the x1550 is double the price but the dual dvi is a nice feature. This pc hooks up to a dlp projector, as well as a 19" lcd. I'll give the 8400 some thought though. The 8400 will most likely preform better any who.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    The card you linked to would be much better than the 8400GS, but is not a DX10 card.

Here is a low profile 8600GT that would destroy them both, but it doesn't come with a low pro bracket. It's not the end of the world tho, you could mod it or find a bracket that would work.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Thanks man! I have been looking for one of these! XFX sells a pack of low profile brackets on newegg for like 8USD. So the 8600 and that should do what I need to if i can still find it. That link says it is no longer available.