RAID0 Vista?

edited December 2007 in Hardware
Hello to you all,

I have a RAID0 (2 x 500gig Seagates) array already setup with Intel Matrix Storage Manager and XP Pro installed.

I created a second Primary partition for Vista Ultimate. Do I still need the RAID drivers for Vista even though I'm not creating another RAID volume just a partition?

Thanks for your help:)

Rilla927

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    You likely will. The reason they need the RAID drivers at all is to be able to recognize the drives in their current setup. The plus side is that with Vista, you can put the drivers on a USB flash drive and it'll let you load them from there. No more floppies required!
  • edited December 2007
    Okay, I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, but then I started to second guess it. I'm doing a process of elimination for troubleshooting.

I have done this but when I choose to boot to XP I can get into it the first initial time and then once I reboot I have no OS at all. I end up with some funny looking symbols in random places when the system is posting and thats where it stops. I have been trying to figure out what the problem is for the last four weeks.

When I put the Vista DVD in to install it see's the RAID array correctly before I even load the drivers that's why I started to second guess thinking maybe I don't even need them.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Vista has only rudimentary support for common RAID and SCSI adapters. For ideal performance, you still need your actual drivers.