Universal Media Converter

JustinJustin Atlanta
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
Anybody know of a Universal Media converter program? I have lots of different media files and I am wanting to get them organized, any help would be lovely!

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited November 2003
    This should move to the digital media forum.

Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/upgrade/

Quicktime Pro imports and exports dozens of different file formats, and the pro version is only $30.

Or you can get Discreet Media Cleaner XL for only $549 ;) This is a professional tool, used by many multimedia companies and broadcast editors, so it is very pricey, but has pretty much every video and audio format you can find.

///Edited to add link: http://www.discreet.com/cleanerxl/

Dexter...
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited November 2003
    Sorry, Wrong forum...
    edited November 2003
    No problem, I see one of our ever-on-the-ball mods has moved it.

For low-cost and flexibility, QT Pro is a great media convertor, I used it for years as a video-production editor.

As I said, Media Cleaner is much more expensive, but includes MPEG-2 encoding, batch conversions, resizing, etc, etc. A very powerful tool.

Let me know if you need any other assistance in this area.

Dexter...
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited November 2003
    There is also All Converter for $29.95 USD

"All Converter 4.0.1 is a powerful, all-in-one, multimedia application converting the media files among the most popular media formats.With All Converter,you can convert MP3 to WAV,MP3 to WMA ,MP3 to OGG,MP3 to VQF, WAV to MP3,WAV to WMA,WAV to OGG,WAV to VQF,WMA to MP3, WMA to OGG,WMA to VQF,OGG to MP3,OGG to WAV,OGG to WMA,OGG to VQF,VQF to MP3,VQF to WAV,VQF to WMA,VQF to OGG, normalize files,and support ID3 tag v1, v2 to file name conversion and vice versa . "
    edited November 2003
    MediaMan had this to say
    There is also All Converter for $29.95 USD

Except that is only an audio conversion tool, whereas the ones I posted are audio / video converstion tools, which now leads us to the question: were you talking audio or video conversion? If you simply wanted audio conversion, there are numerous tools out there. If you did need just audio conversion, the one I like is Audio Convert , which goes for $50.

Dexter...
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited December 2003
    I am looking for Audio and Video
    edited December 2003
    QT Pro is your best bet then.

Dexter...
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited December 2003
    Dexter is correct.

(Nice Avatar...if you add that yowling sound in...I'll boot you. :) )
    edited December 2003
    Oh come on MM...you know he is the quietest cat ever....until the dog chases him...or you happen to be in the kitchen carving turkey. ;)

Dexter...