PLEASE READ MAJOR PROBLEMS

edited December 2007 in Hardware
hello i have a problem with my dell computer i am trying to tell them about these problems but they wont listen can you all pleas tell me something that i can tell them to get a new lap top because they keep transferring me to other people and telling me that they fixed it.

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    That's hardly helpful. What is not working? Maybe we can assist you. Can you give us a detailed explanation of your issue?
  • edited December 2007
    OK the web cam doesn't work
    the screen turns off all the time
    the computer restarts all the time by itself
    its all ways freezing up
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Model? How old? Version of Windows? When did the problems start? Did they start all at once?
  • edited December 2007
    windows xp 2005 got it in January they started little by little over time they increased the monitor just started Turing off
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2007
    If you have warranty still; call dell and tell them you need to speak to service and repairs. You just might get your problem solved that way if it's still called service and repairs... You need to talk to a technician, not a Nimrod on a phone.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    my opinion would be a gfx card/overheating problem. Yeah, if your warranty is still good use that. If not, try getting like a geek squad guy out to you to take a peek, he would be much more helpful than a bunch of guys on a tech fourm...try moving the computer to a place with more circulation of air is my only guess without actually being there to see it.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Gate28 wrote:
    my opinion would be a gfx card/overheating problem. Yeah, if your warranty is still good use that. If not, try getting like a geek squad guy out to you to take a peek, he would be much more helpful than a bunch of guys on a tech fourm...try moving the computer to a place with more circulation of air is my only guess without actually being there to see it.

You're new here, so we'll give you a free pass. Chances our this tech forum can solve a lot more problems than Geek Squad can. ;)
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    NiGHTS wrote:
    You're new here, so we'll give you a free pass. Chances our this tech forum can solve a lot more problems than Geek Squad can. ;)

:topic: good point, lol. I just find it hard torubleshooting a computer i cant see, but i bet you guys r good at it, haha
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2007
    Remove the battery and see if that solves the problem. A faulty battery can cause the weirdness you are describing. Also, do you have the needed disks to do a recovery installation?