Repeating keystrokes problem?!

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited December 2007 in Hardware
Ok, this is very odd... last night I was streaming an mp3 from chemicalrecords.co.uk in media player classic.

Next thing it starts stops loads - i look up and the pause play button is being pressed on and off very rapidly - odd - so I close media player.

Go to firefox - the page is scrolling like mad!!

Close firefox!

Go to the 'address bar' at the bottom (I'm on vista) and try to type in 'notepad' as soon as I place the cursor in that box it just keeps moving as if someone is holding the space bar down!!

I rebooted and it seemed ok - then after about 10mins firefox started playing silly tricks again - I closed all the tabs and reopened a few etc.

Was then working fine for the rest of the evening - this morning - I check gmail and a couple of other sites - then go to 'lock my pc' and in the search box on the vista start bar the cursor just moves like crazy! - when locked in the 'password' box again its moving along v fast!

I just shut down in the end... but its clearly quite a problem! - Any ideas?

(For the record I have a wireless keyboard and 2 mice - 1 wired 1 wireless)

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2007
    So, are both keyboards connected at the same time, or did you try them separate?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2007
    I'm on XP pro but I get a similar thing though not very often, once a month maybe. When it happens if I click my desktop half a dozen icons will flash blue, like I've clicked them once. A restart always sorts it out. I've never found an answer but it isn't a major problem so I haven't looked hard for one. Just a PC tantrum.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I get a similar problem like that with firefox saying I've selected text, but it only happens every odd session so I just ignore it.