F@H taking it's time...

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
edited December 2007 in Folding@Home
Hai all
I've set my F@H (SMP) client to have 100% CPU usage when idle. I turn my PC on before going to school and leave it folding, but it completes maybe 50 steps out of a hundred after about 7 hours... Is that normal? It's a Core 2 Duo @ 3.4GHz

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Yes that's normal. It also depends on the WU you're working on.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    It may have been a complex work order; I know sometimes I get one that takes far longer than others even if they have the same number of frames.
    I am not using SMP though.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Ah, okay, it just seemed to be throwing them out faster when I had 2 SMPs running on a Dual core oO (I didn't know what I was doing at the time :P)
    edited December 2007
    Oh, you're not using SMP? Which client are you running?
    edited December 2007
    I AM using the SMP, but before I wasnt using it properly.
    edited December 2007
    Ok good! For me with my X2 6000+, it takes more then a full day of folding to finish a WU. I get 20 minutes per frame on a p2653 which is worth 1760 pts. It should take you considerably less time to do the same. Check your logs to see what what your frame times are. I would imagine that you're crunching the same WU I am.
    edited December 2007
    I will when I get home.. in true helpdesk style.. "'I'm not actully at my PC"
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    My C2D at 2GHz turns most SMP work units at 20 min/frame.
    My AMD X2 box at 2.2GHz takes almost 30 min.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2007
    At about 3.1GHz I can do about 1800-1900PPD and WUs are 1760 points so it does just over 1 WU per day if that gives you an idea of the time it takes for it.