New mobo..new problems

AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
edited December 2007 in Hardware
Well I just switched over to a new motherboard and new case (Antec900 :) ) today.
All of the installing went great, but I'm having trouble booting (which lemonlime warned me about with this motherboard).
The motherboard is a DFI Lan Party k8n expert.
At first I had put all of my components in, and when I booted the computer hung on the DFI splash screen. Mike told me that the ram settings with the board are really quirky, so I went and took out one stick of ram, leaving the board with one left (in DIMM slot 1). I also took my sound card out just for fun.
So then it went beyond the DFI splash screen, but after going through post it hung at a blank (black) screen.
Since I had just put in my previous harddrive that had MSI board drivers on it, I thought maybe that could be the problem. So I installed my optical drives to try to boot to a WinXP SP2 disc.
I was happy when I saw the "Setup is inspecting your configuration" text, but then once again my screen hung on that blank/black screen.
I've already gone through the bios and checked obvious stuff that might need changed, still no luck.
So once again I turn to the SM guys for advice :)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas and have a blessed New Year!