stop error 0x0000007e

edited December 2007 in Hardware
hello and thank you for the help. i'm new to this site and i've been researching on how to fix my new comp with a hard drive that i took from my the first comp i built. i ran memtest86 and the ram is good, no errors. i took out my sound card and disabled my onboard sound but the same error comes up.if you need any more info just let me know

the error code is 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x8058fa7d, 0xba4c31e4, 0xba4c2ee0)

comp specs:
ASUS M2N-E NF570ULTRA AM2
AMD A64 X2 5200+ 2.6g AM2
kingston value ram 2G PC2 6400 CL5 240-pin DIMM
1 200G western digital sata hd
plextor dvd burner PX-712A
RADEON X1800XL 256mb

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    You can't take a hard drive with Windows installed from one PC, transplant it into another, and have it work.

Perform a repair install or a reformat, if the former fails.
  • edited December 2007
    yeah i did a repair install and came up with the same error i didnt know what the error meant but i could boot up in safe mode but a window poped up and said that i cant continue windows setup in safe mode restart now. so i dont want to reformat my drive if possible i just simply upgraded the mobo,ram the case, and processor i didnt think i would have to reformat to get windows to work
    edited December 2007
    It looks like your repair install didn't complete successfully. You can try it again, but if it doesn't work, you will have to reformat.
  • edited December 2007
    ok well im checking the disk for errors at the moment but ill try to repair it again hopefully that will work "crosses fingers"
  • edited December 2007
    ya i tryed to repair it again and the same bsod error message came up so i guess ill have to reformat v-v....
  • edited December 2007
    well i reformatted and everything is working fine so far. thanks for the help its nice to have somewhere to go to get some insight into these bsod's.
    if something else happens i know ill be back here to post ^-^
    edited December 2007
    Glad I could help. :)

Stick around!