Raw partition

edited January 2008 in Hardware
Hi

I have now seen it happen more and more
A computer that is working one minute and then poof, hangs at startup and keeps restaring.
When i put the drive in an external case and put it on another pc the partition has been reverted to a raw format.
Can not access drive or data this way but also strange that the winxp startup screen comes up if there is suppose to be no partition ( no readable one anyway )
Of course tried repair installation of the disk but it cannot find a windows to work with
If anyone has had this problem and has a solution please respond to this thread

Thanks
Mario:confused:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    The bad news is that the partition on your drive is gone. The good news is that it's probably not <i>gone gone</i>.

Since you already have an external enclosure, you're well on your way to success. Have a gander at this guide, and just follow through it. After you have your data back, we can look into what's going wrong with your PC.
  • edited January 2008
    I have had a look at this and tried the first option but when looking for the drive it only seen the small partition on the same drive.
    But when i go to drive options for winxp the drive is there but no kb left or used on drive ( because it is raw )