Help/Advise with a BSOD situiation.

edited January 2008 in Hardware
Hi guys, a little bit of advice on a system. Basically a friend brought his PC up for me to fix, and i ended up setting an old AGP system of mine up for him, thing is after installing XP, it goes to the loading screen for XP, finishes then Bluescreens, it boots in safe mode fine, no hang-ups or anything. Ive installed the drivers for the 7800GS thats in it in safe mode, could there be anything else thats affecting it?

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Just to add something else: i have removed the GFX card and set it to use onboard, but still bluescreens after its finished loading so, thats GFX and RAM that aren't affecting it.

Try a different hard drive?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    What's the post code? Does it say what is causing the bluescreen? (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) I can't help you until I know what kind of error it is.
  • edited January 2008
    It restarts as soon as it blue screens, ive thrown that hard drive anyway its history. Using another one and it works fine, so i guess it was the hard drive?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2008
    I've had old hard drives cause BSOD's before. Or at least they seemed to have caused it. RAM can do the same thing too.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    Yeah. Could've been UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME or something similar.