episodal divx series to dvd?

crleapcrleap kokomo, Indiana
edited May 2005 in Internet & Media
Hello,

I have read the guide in the article section on doing divx to dvd, but that dealt with a large singular movie file. I have a slightly different goal:

A series of Divx avi files I'd like to burn to dvd to play on my dvd player. I'd rather not just put the files as data onto the dvd and have to use computer's video out, I'd rather they'd be playable on a dvd player... but I don't want to just merge all the files and have one huge track. Is there any way to make a simple menu that the dvd player can recognize to choose between tracks/files on the dvd disc?

I have no clue how to even start doing something like this, I just know I have a bunch of divx files around 350mb each and I don't want to use a bunch of dvd's with just one file on each of them (at $2 apiece, can't be wasting the dvds ). If someone could point me in the right direction for what I'm wanting to do, I'd appreciate it much.

Thanks

:scratch: :confused2 :confused:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Hmm. This includes the creation of your own custom .BUP and .IFO files.

I'll have to do some research on it, but something niggling in the back of my head tells me that you'll want to follow the process of converting the DiVX files into DVD-compliant videos with TMPGEnc, then using a program called IFOEdit to compile your requisite DVD files.

I'll mess around and waste a DVD or two for you.
  • crleapcrleap kokomo, Indiana
    edited November 2003
    thanks Thrax...
    Please remember to consider me a complete dvd noobie... assume (correctly) that I know nothing about this process... only what I read in the article guide here at SM.
    :respect:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I'm gonna follow this with interest as well. I have an assload of Voyager episodes that i want to have on DVD.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Me too :)

If you figure it out, post it please!
    edited December 2003
    b
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I thought Nero 6 let you do this?

NS
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Not with any semblance of proper quality.

I had forgotten all about this page to be honest. Grrr.
    edited February 2004
    bump
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited May 2005
    Is this the sort of instructions your looking for?

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=263309