cannot install win xp on pavilion dv6620ee

edited January 2008 in Hardware
i cannot install win xp on pavilion dv6620ee, it says no hard disks found when i try to install win xp, it has win vista home pre-installed..tnx in advance

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    That laptop has a serial ATA hard drive, which Windows XP cannot identify in its default state. You have three options at this juncture.

In order from easiest to hardest:
    1) Enter the computer's BIOS and change the SATA drives from "AHCI" or "RAID" to "IDE" or "Legacy."
    2) Attach a USB floppy drive loaded with the AHCI drivers for your laptop, then press the appropriate key when prompted in the XP install to load third-party drivers.
    3) Slipstream these AHCI drivers directly onto a new Windows XP CD.

In order from most likely to work to least:
    1) Slipstream these AHCI drivers directly onto a new Windows XP CD.
    2) Attach a USB floppy drive loaded with the AHCI drivers for your laptop, then press the appropriate key when prompted in the XP install to load third-party drivers.
    3) Enter the computer's BIOS and change the SATA drives from "AHCI" or "RAID" to "IDE" or "Legacy."
  • edited January 2008
    Oz87 wrote:
    i cannot install win xp on pavilion dv6620ee, it says no hard disks found when i try to install win xp, it has win vista home pre-installed..tnx in advance

Try this http://www.maximumpc.com/article/How-To--Slipstream-your-XP-installation?page=0%2C0