7900GS Ko Cooling

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited January 2008 in Hardware
Well i sold my 7600GT and threw in a few bucks ( very small amount ) and bought Magics 7900GS KO by EVGA. I want to OC the thing whats the best Cooling option for that

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Another post by mas0n shows that if you really want to go all out, the ThermalTake DuOrb is the way to go!
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66862&highlight=DuOrb

Personally I use a well placed 12cm case fan and a PCI card with 2x8CM fans on it with an adjustable slider from tekheads.co.uk it didn't cost very much either. Although if you were looking for Heatsincs they're a new area for me so I'll be watching this post closely :)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    I'm planning some SWEET ducting and use of a 120mm fan after I get my already ordered 3850.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    cool :D I have a 7600GT at the moment :P I wanted to get some good cooling for it but purchasing good cooling for an old card is probably not a good idea, value for money wise. Let us know how you did when it's done YAD :D
  • edited January 2008
    If you aren't planning to run SLI and have enough room in your case for it, the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 is a kick ass choice for cooling, Gnome. I installed one of these on an X1950 Pro, which is a hotter running gpu than your 7900GS and it's idle temps are now below 30 C and even loaded temps are only in the 40's, with a 120 mm Scythe fan zip tied to it. You can also buy their fan module that is made for this beast. I will tell you though that this is a very large cooler though and you will lose at least 2 slots below it if you zip tie a fan to it like I did.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    awesome mudd, The Price is MUCh more attractive too. I am not a guy sold on SLI So i have the space. I might try it without a fan on it tho. the Pc is in my room and Quiteness is a must
    edited January 2008
    well I went with the S1 that mudd recommended since it was on sale for 23 bucks. Thanks mudd I hope its as good as u say it is!
    edited January 2008
    Mudd perfect reccomendation! got it installed running cool and no fan so its silent! my pc barely makes a noise now!