Returning a game?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited January 2008 in Science & Tech
Hi all,
I'm not sure where we stand on this but how do you return a game? As I understand it software is about the only thing you cannot return. I'm talking about Kane and Lynch. It doesn't work. There are so many people who have got this and just cannot play it that it is obviously broken.
Here is a sample of the complaints - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74015&page=2
Anything else and you would be entitled to a refund but I, and many others, downloaded this from Steam. So how do you go about returning it?
It's the principle of the thing that gets me far more than wanting a few quid back but this needs highlighting.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    I walk into gamestop and say "This game sucks becasuse it's defective and won't work in my #_TREE." they take it back and give me my money back.
    I returned HELLGATE LONDON because it had a huge memory leak and I got tired of having to restart my computer every 30 minutes of gameplay.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2008
    bothered wrote:
    but I, and many others, downloaded this from Steam. So how do you go about returning it?

If I had a physical disc, so would I but....
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited January 2008
    Email the company explaining the situation...
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I would start with Steam customer support, they seem to be a reasonable company. From there move on to the game manufacturer. If you are persistent and are having a serious problem (which it seems you and many others are) I think you will be taken care of.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited January 2008
  • boricua9215boricua9215 Hollywood, FL.
    edited January 2008
    I returned HELLGATE LONDON because it had a huge memory leak and I got tired of having to restart my computer every 30 minutes of gameplay.

That issue got fixed with the newest patch.