Help with Icrontic download!!

2»

Comments

• edited January 2008
    I just tried right clicking the link and selecting to open in a new tab and open in a new window. Crashed FireFox instead
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Keebler I don't always get a new window some links only refresh the page in the same window.
    As I said, some of them are designated to open a new tab because they should take you to a new site. If the file is on this site, it would not open a new window. Because of this bug, both are just taking you to the same place, but the new/same window behavior remains.
  • edited February 2008
    Any new ideas since last time on this funky problem?
  • edited February 2008
    Webmaster! Please FIX your settings with .intellitxt. & pagead2.$~other services.

Google's TOS states that the link must not interfere with downloading in any manner-page refreshes.

Unable to download ANY file from icrontic using both IE6 & 7 and Firefox2.0.0.12 (default settings)
    edited February 2008
    I can assure you the Google and Intellitxt ad settings are fine.

There is a bug in my download system causing the refresh for some. It is not ad-related, nor is it desired behavior.

I still am not sure what's wrong here.
  • edited February 2008
    Switched to Opera U3(yeah, I know a U3 stick user)

error log pops up when trying to download link
    Reprts:

CSS - http://icrontic.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin_editor.css
    Linked-in stylesheet
    overflow-x is an unknown property
    Line 138:
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-x: scroll;
    same for lines 139, 147, 148

plus a few declaration syntax errors and invalid background properties.

:rolleyes2
    edited February 2008
    First of all, this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Second, I see you're evaluating the quality of vBulletin's markup now for some reason. vBulletin (the forum software) is a third-party product we use. You won't find any such markup errors in the content management system.
    edited February 2008
    I've just made a change to the downloads; please let me know if the page refresh is still a problem for anyone!
  • edited February 2008
    Excellent! My downloads are working properly. I tried three of them and it worked great!
    :celebrate :celebrate

Thanks Keebler, what was the problem?
    edited February 2008
    There was a permissions check that emptied all the session variables if the check failed (which it would for all non-staff). The session variables should have been set AGAIN after that, but apparently it wasn't some of the time, and was even browser-specific for some people. Crazy stuff :eek3:

The permissions check now empties the correct and particular variables rather than blithely removing all of them.
  • edited February 2008
    I justr tried TrayIt! and it just reloads the downloads page for me in both IE6 and FF 2.0.0.12 keebs.
    edited February 2008
    muddocktor wrote:
    I justr tried TrayIt! and it just reloads the downloads page for me in both IE6 and FF 2.0.0.12 keebs.
    TrayIt actually is broken! ;D Woops!