PS/2 Port Mouse and Keyboard problem

edited January 2008 in Hardware
Hi, I am new here!

Anyway, my problem is thus:

I have a pretty poor Packard Bell PC. AMD AthlonXP3000 (2.2GHZ) 768MB RAM, Geforce FX5200. I dont know what the Motherboard is, but its a cheap and nasty Packard Bell one. My problem is that I have only a PS/2 Port mouse and Keyboard (Logitech wired mouse, with a ball and a Genius keyboard). When I am playing games, such as HL1 and 2, the mouse and keyboard continuasly lock up. Not physically, but its as if I am holding down a key when I am not. This happens CONSTANTLY, making games near impossible to play. It also happens in Windows, but since the mouse and keyboard are not quite as intensley used, its ok. For example: I am running forward shooting someone and trying to strafe. The mouse freezes, I start running sideways and not until I press the key that is 'stuck' does it end. I have searched high and low for a solution but cannot find one. When I had my old USB mouse, this problem never occured. Please bear in mind that I will be buying a new mouse and keyboard at the end of the month when I get paid, but untill then I would like a fix for the problem as it quite frankly, does my head in!

Thanks in advance for any help given.