Someone wanna take a look at this?

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited January 2008 in Hardware
Ok, I just got my 3850 today, and I'm lucky I got it at all, since UPS just left it at my doorstep. Someone could've just trapsed up and walked away with it. The colours stay the same for the respected pages so I'm wondering what's going on, since if it were DAC corruption the colours would be random.

I get it installed and I notice a few things right away.
gmailorange.jpg
Orange is supposed to be Teal-ish.

Okay, if that's not much, check this.
AVGNblue.jpg
Teal is supposed to be Yellow.

And one more
creamybeamyred.jpg
Red is supposed to be Blue.

Lastly...
YADtan.jpg
Kinda looks like a book like that. And if you use the dark theme, you know what colour that's supposed to be.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2008
    Did you recalibrate the video card to your monitor? Difference frequencies and what not could cause this kind of difference. Also if you are using any color profiles delete and recreate them.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    Uh...What?

The colours go back to normal after highlighting the link. And it only happens with Firefox and the windows Welcome logo. Pictures, video and games do not distort.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    YAD, I use the dark theme. Your avatar looks normal to me aside from the yellow letters instead of blue.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    that's what I'm talking about. The text is the only thing getting messed with. I've set it to use a default set of colours and it still does weird crap, like the colours changing, but nothing other than that. Images, video, games and the lot don't get affected by it. I'm wondering if it's just the video card not liking my monitor or something...And it's only happening in Firefox.

And then there's this..
    welcomered.jpg

Edit:// Ok, it seems that when using clear type, the problem is solved. I guess that means there is something wrong with my windows install or some whacky ****.