Half-Life Episode 2 frustration...

DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
edited January 2008 in Gaming
WARNING: MIGHT BE SOME SPOILERS IN HERE!

I'm at the sawmill fighting off a dozen striders and all thats effective are these assinine magnusson mines. I'm just at the last part and can't quite finish it.. Trying to avoid hunters is the worst part, they also have great aim when it comes to shooting your mines, either while your carrying them or as they are being lobbed. When I manage to hit a strider with a mine, inevitably.. a teammate will blow it up with a rocket or.... it ....... just...... falls.......... off................ I'm playing this on Hard difficulty and until now, everything was fairly easy and straightforward, but this level really chaps my A$$. Aight.. I'm done venting.

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Take out the hunters with the various logs of wood and rocks and junk around, and when you've cleared them out, fire the Magnussons. They're not so bad, at least when I played it. Good luck!
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited January 2008
    OK.. I read somewhere that you can run the hunters over with the car. So thats what I did.. just ran them down.. LOL Once I didn't have to worry about the hunters, killing the striders was pretty simple.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    There you go!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2008
    Hmmm, run them over? Where's me keys?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    DogSoldier wrote:
    OK.. I read somewhere that you can run the hunters over with the car. So thats what I did.. just ran them down.. LOL Once I didn't have to worry about the hunters, killing the striders was pretty simple.

Glad you figured it out, that's exactly what I did after 4 or 5 frustrating tries. Call me crazy, but I think that was by design. Get so pissed off and frustrated with that one section of the game that you just go "hell with it, I'm just going to run them down." Then it works, and you're a happy camper. :)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I too used the logs laying around to kill the hunters. Pick one up and hold it between you and them, they shoot it with their needles, you hit them with it and they disintegrate.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Ha! Running them down was the first thing I tried!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2008
    Don't they have radar detectors?
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    And I actually laid all Striders and Hunters down by hand.... :(

Got rid of the car early, thought it was a waste....