Basic Video Card for a Friend

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited January 2008 in Hardware
A friend of mine is buying a new computer. Kinda Low budget she's asking me only one thing (she's going to buy a package deal from HP or Dell or something like that)

The basic video card that she can have is the nVidia GeForce 6150 LE (unknow amount of ram ?)

But for more $ CND more she can have one of those 3 choices :

nVidia GeForce 8300GS 128M (60$ more)
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 128M (60$ more)
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256M (120$ more)

She only wants to play with games like 'THE SIMS 2' and so on but she asked me to help her to chose the best video card for her.

The question is pretty simple : iyo is there any of those card that really worth bucks more than the GeForce 6150 LE for HER and the games like Sims 2 that she will want to play.

I've looked for some review on the net but its pretty hard to make a desision.

nVidia seems to be a best choice those days but without good reviews (i cant find one) i cant make a good decision for her :(

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    At that range of cards, the radeon HD 2600 XT is the best, but the 2400 Pro is a good card. I'd say for her the 2400 Pro would be worth the $60 upgrade.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I think that PS hit this one right on. The 8300 isn't worth $hit. And while the 2600 is a good card she will never see the benefit.
    The 2400 is a reasonable option. She will get great picture quality and if she happens to buy something new next year the card will at least be able to know what it is.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited January 2008
    Fast answer as always :)

She'll go with the ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 128M !

Thankx guys ! :D