BSOD Windows Vista Ultimate.....

edited January 2008 in Hardware
I hope I put this in the right spot. This is my first post.

I have been having random BSOD's for about a month on my computer. Sometimes it goes for days and works fine and sometimes it does it 4 or more times a day. I am running AVG antivirus, spybot, ccleaner, and adaware. So far I can't find any problems.

The main stop codes I get are:

0x0000008E
0xc0000005
0x00000000
0xb2208930

Also, here is a mini dump from yesterday.

Thanks,

Sky

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Try to run memtest and see if your memory's all right. If it has problems, try single or pairs at a time and see if you can narrow it down to any of the individual sticks. Let us know what happens with that.
  • edited January 2008
    MJancaitis wrote:
    Try to run memtest and see if your memory's all right. If it has problems, try single or pairs at a time and see if you can narrow it down to any of the individual sticks. Let us know what happens with that.

I ran memtest for almost 2 hours and I never got any errors. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing with it though. lol Should it tell me when it's done or does it keep running over and over?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    It runs forever. Run it overnight if you've got the time to give it, it'll find anything wrong with enough time. Have you googled your stop codes? Also, on this site itself, there's somebody's fix for a 0x8E, see if that applies to your situation.
  • edited January 2008
    MJancaitis wrote:
    It runs forever. Run it overnight if you've got the time to give it, it'll find anything wrong with enough time. Have you googled your stop codes? Also, on this site itself, there's somebody's fix for a 0x8E, see if that applies to your situation.

Ok, I'll just run memtest overnight and see what it finds. I also ran the rustbfix program to see if I had the root kit virus, and it came back clean. I will have more info tomorrow.

Thanks for your help. :)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2008
    8E is a Kernel Mode Exception Not Handled. Have you been overclocking any, and what kind of temps are you getting on your processor?
  • edited January 2008
    I haven't overclocked any. I will check the processor temps when I get home from work.
  • edited January 2008
    I may have narrowed down my problem. I got another BSOD and the stop code was 7E. I have been using a usb wireless adapter and it apparently isn't fully compatible with Vista. I plugged directly into the router and everything is running smoothly so far. Hopefully that was my problem.