Green screen problem

edited January 2008 in Hardware
This green-screen problem barely happend as of a few days ago. The whole screen is green, not literally, everything just has a shade of green, instead of their normal colors. What I'm wondering is it's the screen that's faulty or if there's something wrong with the (2) PC's that I use it for? I'm guessing it's the screen since I've had it for a few years... It's a bulky Compaq FS740, but I just wanna be sure before I consider buying another.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like it's going out to me. It's common after a few years on CRT's.
  • edited January 2008
    Is there any that you would recomend to replace this one?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    It's also possible that one of the pins in the cable plug is bent. Check that too...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Yes, it could just be a loose or bent cable, if it's nt permanently attached to the monitor, try a new VGA cable.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Does it vary at all? I had an issue for a while with my whole screen taking on a red tinge... turns out that the problem was the DVI cable had slightly loosened from the back of the video card! I screwed it back in tight and it was business as usual.
  • edited January 2008
    Unfortunately the cable is permanently attached to the monitor. And for the pins, I checked and they're all straight.
  • edited January 2008
    A piece of tape is doing the job so far, but I'm assuming when it was built, it wasn't meant to be used in such way that I'd have to end up using a piece of tape to get the regular screen colors working. Still any suggestions are always welcomed.