New case and PSU sleeving.

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited January 2008 in Hardware
Picked up a new Lian Li a05 with some xmas money on sale for 80 with free shipping.
Also, i redid the wires on my ocz modstream. i love the psu, it has been good to me but the stock sleeving which was some stiff UV tubing stuff was hideous and hard to work with in a small case so i resleeved everything in black.
Heres a couple pics i have online, ill put some more up of the process later when i get home.
P1010325.jpg
P1010324.jpg
P1010323.jpg
P1010322.jpg

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Are all Lian-Lis "upside-down" like that? I've never seen anything like it.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I like it. :thumbsup:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    MJancaitis wrote:
    Are all Lian-Lis "upside-down" like that? I've never seen anything like it.

A lot of their new cases are. It is sort of a trend that came from the BTX form factor. It seems more logical, the graphics card is usually the hottest part if a pc so placing it at the top of the case seems better than having the heat rise up through your cpu heatsink to get to the top of the case.
    I like the layout better, but in this case i had a conflict with the 24pin plug on my mobo and the length of the psu. I had to put some spacers in and some longer screws on the psu mounting plate. ill post some pics of it.
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I like it. :thumbsup:
    Thanks, me too!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Nice!
    Only thing I see that makes me wonder is the HD's are right above the PSU.
    I would definitely move that HD up to the top or even the middle space to keep it cooler which would give it longer life..
    They do get warm under normal use and with it right on top of the PSU I would think it gets even warmer.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    That case <i>is</i> a BTX case.