Virus removal please

edited January 2008 in Hardware
Avg says I have ps/psyme virus. Although it does not seem to do much harm that I can notice, I would like to be rid of this tic.

Comments

• revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited January 2008
    avg is good, but not great av, try using panda antivirus. you can use there online scanner which will remove almost any virus easily.

http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/

just run through the scanner and let it scan your whole computer. most likely you'll find it finds a whole load of spyware too but it doesn't remove that... don't know why, i downloaded the 2008 in tyernet security trial and it removed every virus,adware,s pyware from my system strait away.

in my opinion panda is the best anti virus out there.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I would have to disagree revorocks. Nothing personal mind you but avg is-free/updated constantly/very low on resources. blaxeep you should probably post a hijackthis log in the spyware forums; just to be certain you are not set up for a major virus/spyware fiasco.

Cheers to both of you and welcome blaxeep to IC.

edit:/ although Panda is one of the better paid for AVs
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited January 2008
    hmmm, well maybe i have just had bad experiahnces with avg becuase i use it with antispyware and it still doesnt find everything, panda found 2 viruses and 49 spyware which avg didnt even notice... but like i said i must have bad luck.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    No program notices everything. Anti-spyware is an art, not a science. I can put 12 programs against a heavily-infested computer and it still might not be clean.
    edited January 2008
    Panda and Kaspersky along with Webroot Spysweeper are probably the better paid for solutions, but who nows what you would have found if you had run say Clamwin AV right after Avg and perhaps Asquared and Spybot + remove it pro etc etc.... they all tend to find something the other has missed.
    edited January 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    No program notices everything. Anti-spyware is an art, not a science. I can put 12 programs against a heavily-infested computer and it still might not be clean.

:bigggrin:....damn yeah beat me too it ......:wink: