Intel Threatens Motherboard Manufactures

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Intel strong armed vendors at AMD launch - The Inquirer
Pressing the vendors, I got the same response, 'Intel is too smart to threaten us directly, but it was quite clear from that phone call that we would be risking our various kickback money if we went'.
Intel's tactics were confirmed by several people not working at the show, but who would be familiar with how things worked. One even went so far as to point out that there is a current legal case in the EU in which Intel is a defendant for using monopoly tactics. I guess old habits die hard, or at least get a more palatable, harder to prove wrapping.

That is a f*en monopoly right there and pisses me of.

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    damn intel bitches
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Intel is going to get caught one of these days here in the US
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Doubt it but even if they do, not much would happen. Maybe a big fine or something but they'll still go through.
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    Unbeleivable. This kind of bs strong arm tactics does nothing but stifle innovation and new technologies, not too mention competition. If this is true I hope Intel gets fined a crap load of money and gets sued by everyone that competes with them.
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    no offense fellas but OMG your mindless believers in all that is printed on the web..

Yes intel is being sued in Europe but this line right here should have made you gone, umm ok.
    Intel's tactics were confirmed by several people not working at the show, but who would be familiar with how things worked

Confirmed by people NOT working at the show... Who,betty down the street. I was not at the show and I am familar with how things work... Maybe I confirmed them...

That statement cannot get anymore vague. As for the article.. Its so full of vagueness and what appear to be really outta context quotes... Add to it that its a story at the Inquirer which, well has no merit with me as they have lied and been generally wrong about lots of things they print..

I like this quote in the article...
    you need to sell Intel to survive you know

ummm yeah braintrust thats because of intels market share is what 85% 80% something like that.. umm duh!

Rumor mongering is best left to ladies at the beauty shop.

This is not a flame to you all but an omg, hit your objectivity/BS detector reset button.

I cant believe that you dislike a company that much, which has never really done anything to you, for being the competitor of the company you prefer, enough to believe mindless dribble that the inquirer is spewwing to get hits at their website.

Im actually kinda disappointed to see this here. And as a side note... as a Vendor to AMD, they are about as big a c**Ksu**ers to sell to. We had to take our inventory system and rewrite parts of it to spew out a label that is different then everyone elses, to tag parts shipped to them so they would not have to tag it themselves. Its the only way the would continue to business with us. Intel, well they took the parts anyway we had them tagged as long as the parts passed quality checks they were happy.

And you think that AMD does not do kick backs.... well... I got a bridge id like to sell you...

Tek
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited June 2003
    HA Tek!
    I took it with a grain of salt but I also do see tactics like this being used in the industry. Like I said if turns out to be true then flame them and anyone else doing the same bs.