Celebration of Shrinkage 2008

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited February 2008 in Community
Its that time of year again where the crazies amerge to take a plung in the fridgid cold water of Lake Michigan in Chicago along Lakeview Beach.

Febuary 9th, next Saturday, Aranyic (former Icrontic owner), Norge and myself will be taking the dip into Lake Michigan along with 50+ other idiotic people.

Why you ask? To help out a family in dire need, Jessica Rowell and her daughter Dajjiha. Last year we raised $12,500 for the Prestangen family. Mrs Prestangen sadly passed away only 11 days before last years event from Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.

This year will be my 4th trip to Chicago, all the way from DC, and I don't plan on missing it for a long time. I don't plan on selling my body as a billboard like Brian has in the past but anyone is willing to make donations in my name. Check out the Donations page at the below website. Paypal, checks, and cash is all accepted and it is tax deductable.

http://www.lakeviewpolarbearclub.com/

collage.JPG
(The Prestangen family, me doing a snow angel, Brian Marchal, Chicago shoreline, Brian and Patricia)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I wish I could make it this year :( It's always been a blast. Here's to hoping I'll be there in '09 :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I'm working a show on Saturday and I'm coming down with the same cold as my entire family had last week. If things follow the same path... I'll be knee deep in phlegm by this weekend. YUK