How to get rid of login screen

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited February 2008 in Science & Tech
Hello there

I have a simple question, everytime i reinstall XP, i set up only ONE USER, wich is administrator of the system. And when i boot or reboot i have no logging screen since i dont set any password to it.

But, everytime i install Framework 2.0 or so, THE LOGIN SCREEN appear, and since i have no password, and one user only, it appear for nothing else than making me click on my username everytime i boot or reboot.

Is there anything i can do to get rid of that useless login screen (useless in my case)

Im kinda lazy and i hate to click when its not suppose to be required.

Thankx ;)

Note : i didnt know where i could post that question, feel free to put this thread somewhere else if required :P

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I'm not quite sure as I'm on Vista right now, but if you go to control panel and user-accounts there should be a setting there to deactivate the login screen.
  • DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited February 2008
    Make sure you are logged in as Administrator. Click Start. Run. Type in the box "control userpasswords2". Under the user tab, uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Hit OK. In this prompt that loads, enter the user name that you use to log in. Enter the password for the account, if there is one. If not leave it empty. Retype password, again leave empty if there is none. Hit OK. Restart and see if it works.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited February 2008
    I'll try this as soon as i'm at home :D
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Dj beat me to it :P
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited February 2008
    Oh yes baby ! That works DJ !

:D

Thank you soooooo much !
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    You can keep a password-protected user account by setting automatic login in TweakUI.

-drasnor :fold: