Chipset Drivers fubard

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Hardware
Hai all,

Right, some idiot (totally not me) gave my friend the wrong chipset drivers for his mobo and he's not come back online for about 5 hours now... Something went wrong :P I'm willing to bet that some idiot (Couldn't possibly be me) gave him the wrong link/download and fubard his drivers. His OS is in Belgian, although he's fluent in English the words are very difficult to translate, so if anyone knows what to do that would be awesome

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    They must have been close or they wouldn't install. This is XP right?

What chipset is he using?
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    nForce 4 AMD... So I-.. The idiot looked it up on the nVidia website, there was an nForce 4 AMD download, so what was I-... he supposed to think? >.<

Here's his CPU-Z
    edited February 2008
    If you selected NF4...then NF4 AMD (or Ultra AMD) then you did fine, only 2 sets there and that board does not have the Ultra chipset.

I think its the Neo2 Platinum iirc?
    edited February 2008
    See screenshot- that's what he's got. I'll get you the exact link to the driver I-... he sent him...

Here we go.
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce_nf4_win2k_6.86_uk.html
    edited February 2008
    Seriously...that should be fine.

Unless something borked in the install, those drivers are the right one for the MS-7125 board. He has an MSI Neo4 board...I had 2 of them. Those are the right drivers.

Was he running Raid, it might have affected that but doubtful. If he let it install the Nvidia Network manager...that thing is a POS...it may be why he can't get back online. Uninstall the Network manager from Add/Remove Programs.
    edited February 2008
    Nay, one HDD... That's not good >.< Any more ideas?
    edited February 2008
    Okay, got a text from him- His PC is fine but his internet is screwed up, I'll get him to download new drivers from somwhere (someone else's house :P)
    edited February 2008
    See told ya ;) You did fine.

Just make sure he didn't install the Nvidia Network manager, that could be what is screwing up his internet as he says.
    edited February 2008
    True, although would the network manager come with a chipset driver update?
    edited February 2008
    On nvidia... the network drivers are part of the chipset drivers, since the NIC is integrated into the southbridge.... so, Yes.
    edited February 2008
    Hmm, well he should be ok... International texts aren't expensive are they? ¬_¬
    edited February 2008
    Not a clue
    edited February 2008
    Ah well :P Thanks guys, at least I don't have to eat cat litter like the bargain was (if I broke his PC:P)