Lst Power, computer wont start

edited February 2008 in Hardware
I have an e-machines T2692 that was running fine untill earlier today the power went out and when it turned back on the computer remained off. After about 4 hours the computer turned on by itself but did not show anything onthe moniter. I let it sit for a few minutes but nothing happened. I help the power button down for a few minutes but the computer did not turn off. So i unplugged it. When i plugged it back in and hit the power button nothing happens. Any help will greatly be appreciated!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    It's probably a dead power supply. After 2-3 years, I estimate more than 30% of eMachine power supplies die. They're ****ing terrible. Your motherboard is probably shot too; I saw 3-4 of these a day, 5 days a week, for two years straight at Best Buy.
  • Byron172Byron172 Adelaide, South Australia Member
    edited February 2008
    Yep - dead PSU for sure. Pretty easy to replace, hit us back a reply if you need a hand putting a new one in..........:)
  • edited February 2008
    Changed PSU and Motherboard still not working.. Any suggestions?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    At that point it can only be the CPU or RAM. You can try the sticks of RAM one at a time, or boot the system with <i>no</i> RAM. If it produces no beeps, even without RAM, your CPU is shot.