Is my laptop faulty?!

osaddictosaddict London, UK
edited February 2008 in Hardware
Was using my laptop earlier this evening, I left it alone for 1hr and came back, the screen was off, as you would expect, touched the touch pad and it came back on - but it was barely readable - all the text was messed up and the background all screwey - even when I reboot and you see the hp logo and the plain text as the bios is loading - it just looks very difficult to read etc?

I rebooted and the same happened

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    GPU error? unplug the system and take the battery out let it sit for a bit and than plug it all back in and turn it on than report if the same issue is happening.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited February 2008
    10pm GMT Thursday - spotted the problem - laptop had been on for around 2.5hrs, attached to the mains.

10.05 rebooted - still the same

10.40 booted up - still the same.

7am GMT Friday - booted up - still the same

--Removed battery--

7.20 GMT - still the same

:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I feel I should add that this is a brand new laptop purchased from HP themselves which I have had since Tuesday afternoon - I was also aware that laptops can get hot, so when leaving it for an hour i placed a book underneath it longways so that the vents on the back had airflow too
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Sounds like overheating to me. Call the service number.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited February 2008
    I feared as much - that really sucks for a brand new laptop that was on for 2 hrs
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    osaddict wrote:
    I feared as much - that really sucks for a brand new laptop that was on for 2 hrs

:sad2: ...that really sucks! At least it is under warranty. I hear HP customer support is pretty good.