System Won't Boot

RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
edited February 2008 in Hardware
So last night I decided to put in my new video card (8800GT), a extra HD 500GB for storage, and a fan controler. I yanked almost everything out, so that I could cleanup the wiring (it was a mess before), and move a couple things around.

However when I put it all back together, I'm getting a boot error, and it's asking me to put in the book disk.

I'm running RAID 0 (or was anyway). I didn't make any changes. I've tried changing where the SATA cables are plugged in, but I'm always getting this error.

Any ideas?

Comments

• EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2008
    Check in the bios menu, if both HDD's are found. - Then the HDD cables should be fine.

Also check that the raid setup in bios menu is okay.

I suppose you have swapped the HDD - mobo SATA connections.
  • RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
    edited February 2008
    That was my first thought, but I've tried booting it with all sorts of different combinations of where the Raid SATA connections are plugged into... with only 3 HD's, and 4 HD slots... I would have hit it eventually...
  • edited February 2008
    " However when I put it all back together, I'm getting a boot error, and it's asking me to put in the book disk."

I had this problem when installing a new hard drive and I solved it by setting up the boot sequence in the bios. The error was that the floppy was before everything else which resulted in that the floppy was looking for a boot disk.

Hopefully this will help you out.