PS2 Question

BusterBuster New York
edited December 2003 in Gaming
I was thinking the other day about those thumb drives or usb drives and I was wondering if the ps2 would reconize it as a storage device and if you would be able to save games to it. Well I was wondering if anyone tried it, my guess is that it won't work because the ps2 won't detect it. Let me know if you tried it or just what you think.

Comments

• edited December 2003
    my guess is it won't work

1.) the ps2 might not recognize the drive
    2.) the file format of the usb drive is probably different than the format of a memory card.
    3.) just get a dex drive and put the files on a computer.... wait did they make a ps2 dex drive /me goes to look
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I'll go try it. I don't think it would work but it couldn't hurt anything...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Nothing... As far as I could tell, it doesn't even have the ability to detect when something has been plugged into the port, because the machine had absolutely no reaction whatsoever to my plugging in the pen drive...

That actually surprised me: I didn't think it would work, but I thought that I would at least get some kind of "unknown device" message...

Oh well...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    hehehe...
    Thwarted, our intrepid adventurer returns to the keyboard to report his findings, or rather lack thereof.
    Oh well, at least it didn't screw up the USB drive...
  • edited December 2003
    heh, i haven't been successful with the whole dex drive thing. i know the sharkport can put files onto a memory card via teh usb but i dont know if it can take files off.