Interesting 3DMark06 score

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Hardware
I posted about this in the benchmarking thread, but now it's escalated to a problem I as yet have not solved and am mildly concerned about.

Look at the system in my sig. I imagine it would be capable of doing at least 14k, however it is limited to 10100 or so at the moment, and I can not for the life of me figure out why.

I was running v169.28 forcewares before, but upgraded to the inf-modded 174.16 drivers for the 9600GT. They yielded a moderate improvement, and are available for transfer via AIM/MSN/ICQ/Gtalk if you happen to want them.

I notice that the GPU is slightly overclocked and the VRAM slightly underclocked, I suppose the net effect is zero. Here's a GPU-Z shot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24880&stc=1&d=1203771716

Lastly, my copy of WinXP is running build 3264 of SP3. At this point, I'm beginning to think it is the culprit as I am running out of solutions. Thoughts?

Comments

• HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    We have roughly the same CPU and graphics card setup, but the specs are quite different. Any chance it's a faulty card?

EDIT: Uploaded sensors

GPU-Z.PNG
    Sensors.PNG

I've been looking to get SP3 for XP, I downloaded it from the microsoft website but I don't know how to install it :banghead: As soon as I get it running I'll do a benchmark and see if I get the same problem.

EDIT 2: Being the genius I am I finally figured out how to install it ¬_¬
    edited February 2008
    Installed SP3, did a benchmark and got 13365, so unless you're really unlucky I doubt it's SP3's fault.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2008
    Thrax, he must have Micron chips is all. ;) haha

What is everyone's timings set to? Thats quite a bit of difference unless it was tRD especially with the 200MHZ difference in CPU speed.

I know this is a X48 article and I dont know if tRD is available on the P35/650i boards you guys have but it makes a nice difference with everything else set the same:
    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3208&p=7
    edited February 2008
    tRD? I'm sure some of us here, I certainly do of course, but if some of us weren't to know what that was, could you fill them in?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Harudath, you have an 8800 GTS 512 (G92 core), with 128 shaders. Thrax is running the 8800GTS 640 (G80 core) with 96 shaders. I expect your score to be about 2K higher.

Thrax, I have the 8800GTS 320, let me see if I have stock benchies somewhere.

EDIT: Ok...I found this, stock settings for CPU, so I expect your 10xxx is about right:

p35dfilp_6400plat4gb_3d.JPG
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Damn! That makes me want to upgrade my video card. :( nOOOOO
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Well hey I bench 9559 in 3dmark and 130K in aquamark with my setup at stock, I just got the new mobo in so I gotta read up on the ways to OC intel chips and I plan on breaking 10k So i'd imagin your score is about right
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I cranked it up to 12k with overclocking.