sound problems

edited March 2008 in Hardware
I'm having a problem with the ASUS M2N32 SLI-DELUXE mobo. It seems that it doesnt like sound or something. The on-board sound does not work at all, and if I install a sound card I have to install the drivers every time I boot up or the sound does not work. I'm running:

ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE mobo
AMD 64 x2 5000+ am2 socket proc
4x 1gig GSkill ddr2 800
WD 250 ata hdd
xfx force 8600 256meg
maudio 5.1 revolution sound

I was just wondering if anyone ever got their sound to work properly, because I read the problems the board was having. If I cant get it to work I guess I'll just return it.. so what's the point in a $1,500 if the sound doesnt work.

Comments

• RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited March 2008
    I had that same board and I had nothing but problems. Couldn't even get the damn thing to boot up without flashing the bios. I have vague recolections of sound problems but I think that was fixed with the latest drivers. The board eventually blew after about two weeks of messing around with it. I went to PC world bought a Gigabyte S3 MB and it went straight in with no screwing around.

Personally I would take the board out and use it to practice my frisbee skills from within a confined space!

If you havn't already done so I would get the latest drivers for the sound card as the ones it was bundled with were rubbish.