T-Shirt Design

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Internet & Media
Ok. My fraternity holds a yearly 3 on 3 basketball tournament that benefits coaches against cancer who teams with the american cancer society. At any rate. I've never designed a tshirt before and have been too busy dividing my time between school, the posters, and the new website that I haven't designed one.

I was wondering if someone could take a look at the posters I designed and maybe get some inspiration for a shirt design. It would be really appreciated. I think 2-3 spot colors would be best. I'm working on one right now, but it isn't going so well.

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    one more design.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited February 2008
    I like poster #3 the best. Its simple, practical and the colors would turn out well on a Tshirt. You might want to make the color on the text more darker and less "grainy" because when it gets printed it might not come out as nice.

With poster#1, I like the color and design, but the guy dunking kinda looks strangely female around his chest area. Looks very weird to me.

Poster#2 looks very bland, but the information is definately easy to read and find.

Poster$4 seems like a silhouette of one guy teabagging another guy while going in for the dunk.

Go with #3. It looks great.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    One and three are the best. The information is best laid out in one, but the guy dunking in the center looks totally absurd.

In number three, the font 'Got Heroin' for the title doesn't work well I think.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Ok. Here is a working design for the tshirt. I am pretty sure it's going on american apparel eggplant. Colors are yellow and purple. I had to compress the yellow plate more so that it could be attached. Hopefully it doesn't look too bad.

I drove to Enid today and printed them at the print shop. They actually look pretty nice. They are on 80lb gloss text trimmed to 8.5x14 from 11x17.