Dress as you want to be seen

2»

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    StainMeNow wrote:
    WTB more pics of the fedora hottie. Wait...is that GW?

Yep, Just under 2 years ago in orlando
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2008
    GQ, December 1996

Summary

1. The turtleneck is the most flattering thing a man can wear.

2. There is nothing like a fresh [sun]burn. (err, okay. I agree with this one, but all things in moderation. Cancer will come soon enough)

3. Always wear white to the face.

4. Make sure to show plenty of cuff. (french cuff in the article)

5. The better you look, the more money you make.

(and some extra)

So always wear white to the face....that means all your turtlenecks must be white...what the hell. Sounds contradicting to me.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2008
    Shorty wrote:
    .. and what if you don't particularly like what passes for said fashion or does not fit your social circle, personal likes and dislikes?

I've never understood 'fashion'. it seems like a small group of people decide 'this' will be the next big thing and everybody is supposed to wear it or look foolish. I have worn jeans and plain (no logos) Tee shirts since I was 18. I don't care where I'm going or who thinks what (apart from job interviews which are 50% BS anyway)
    I saw a guy stood at the bar of my (then) local pub. He was covered in tattoos, short jeans and skinhead boots, sleeveless denim jacket, piercings etc. Turned out he was a great bloke, a vicar who worked with troubled teenagers. I try to never judge anybody by what they wear. If anybody judges me because of my clothes I couldn't care less, if they judge me before they know me then their opinion is worthless.
    Fashion is BS, it's just marketing.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    bothered wrote:
    I've never understood 'fashion'. it seems like a small group of people decide 'this' will be the next big thing and everybody is supposed to wear it or look foolish. I have worn jeans and plain (no logos) Tee shirts since I was 18. I don't care where I'm going or who thinks what (apart from job interviews which are 50% BS anyway)
    I saw a guy stood at the bar of my (then) local pub. He was covered in tattoos, short jeans and skinhead boots, sleeveless denim jacket, piercings etc. Turned out he was a great bloke, a vicar who worked with troubled teenagers. I try to never judge anybody by what they wear. If anybody judges me because of my clothes I couldn't care less, if they judge me before they know me then their opinion is worthless.
    Fashion is BS, it's just marketing.

Self marketing is everything.
    edited March 2008
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']Self marketing is everything.
    Only if you think it is. I always think of marketing as somebody trying to make me believe something other than the truth. If you were buying a car who would you trust more, a salesman or somebody who had owned one?
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    bothered wrote:
    I saw a guy stood at the bar of my (then) local pub. He was covered in tattoos, short jeans and skinhead boots, sleeveless denim jacket, piercings etc. Turned out he was a great bloke, a vicar who worked with troubled teenagers.

You're just proving that people do have preconceived notions, regardless of how hard you try, about what a person is through their appearance. To me though, fashion is more a hobby than anything, it's just like people who restore cars or collect stamps.
    edited March 2008
    Nomad wrote:
    You're just proving that people do have preconceived notions, regardless of how hard you try, about what a person is through their appearance.

I know they do. My point is you can be completely wrong so the judgment is pointless.