Epic beer run

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Community
<p>Sitting in IRC on #icrontic the other night... </p>
<p>I saw Thrax mention that he was looking for a good wheat beer or a good pale ale (I don't remember now). I've kept telling him about this epic store called Wiater's that sells beer from ALL OVER THE WORLD that is only about 4 miles from ICHQ. </p>
<p>Finally last night I couldn't take it anymore. GODDAMNIT THRAX, JUST COME OVER, WE'RE GOING TO WIATER'S. </p>
<p>"FINE ALRIGHT FML" says Thrax, who gets in his car and heads our way.</p>
<p>Yup, he showed up and at 8:30 at night Keebler, Thrax, and I got into Keebs' car and jetted over to 8 Mile and Groesbeck to attend to duty.</p>
<p>Wiater's is EPIC. They have TONS of exotic beers. We walked out with cases of Sam Adams Hefeweizen, Sam Adams White Ale, Bell's Winter White, and Rising Moon Spring Ale. We also got some individual bottles - two Belgians (one a doppelbock and the other.. I forget. Some crazy monk shit. I'll post the names later) and Unibroue's <a href="http://www.unibroue.com/graphs_our_beers/seigneuriale.html">Seigneuriale</a>. </p>
<p>At any rate, Icrontic for the win. Good beer is always worth the trouble.</p>

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Preach on brother Prime!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited February 2008
    natural light is always a fine beverage
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Natural Lite is best for pouring down the drain. I won't even cook with it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I won't even cook with it.
    That's where Yuengling comes in! :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I'd cook with Yuengling

BTW: As an aside to this wonderful tale - we discovered that they do sell Yuengling at Wiater's. In the bottle. Normal-like.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Natty Light is a fine choice for giving the drain something to drink.

Also, both the white ale and rising moon were excellent. I can't wait to try them colder. The white ale especially tasted better the longer it sat unbottled; it was like the air did something to its palette.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    BTW: As an aside to this wonderful tale - we discovered that they do sell Yuengling at Wiater's. In the bottle. Normal-like.
    For a 50%+ markup. It sells for ~$19 for 24 bottles in PA. It was $1.39 per bottle there :eek3:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    QQ interstate commerce.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited February 2008
    I'm a fan of dortmunder from great lakes brewing co.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    For a 50%+ markup. It sells for ~$19 for 24 bottles in PA. It was $1.39 per bottle there :eek3:

Seriously?! Damn! It's some of the cheapest stuff you can buy around here.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Yea, it's not much more than $1/bottle over here, even less if you get the 24 pack at Costco... I think the 24 pack is like $17 or something...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Okay so I had the first Belgian ale tonight - Sterken's Doppel

OMG DELICIOUS FANTASTIC I WANT MORE
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Yea, it's not much more than $1/bottle over here, even less if you get the 24 pack at Costco... I think the 24 pack is like $17 or something...

Yeah is it in bottles or cans at costco. I've seen it there but never really looked at it. At least quite a bit of what they have is in cans.