Newegg Open Box Deals?

Nickboxer7Nickboxer7 KC,MO
edited March 2008 in Hardware
Have any of you ever bought open box motherboards or any other hardware piece off of Newegg. It kind of scares me but I can get a nice mobo for about half the price. I guess the best thing to do would be to try to test everything you can quickly.

Any of you guys had any luck with Newegg open boxes?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    i've had pretty good luck. it depends on what you buy, though. If you buy a motherboard, expect to get only the motherboard, none of the extra cables or external usb ports (or any of the other stuff).
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I only buy smaller items that I can test and troubleshoot. Also there are too many accessories that come with a mobo to risk not getting them.
    I have bought video cards, DVD drives, and memory 'open box'.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Few years back I bought an ASRock-DualSATA2 as an open box from Newegg for $45. I had a good experience with the board and it is still working today in my brother's rig. Your odds of getting accesorries with an Open Box or Refurb item from Newegg are slim to none unless otherwise noted. That motherboard came by itself wrapped in bubble wrap and without even a rear I/O shield. It's no big deal so long as you have another machine to use to get access to NIC drivers and already have plenty of cables, etc...