Failing HD?

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited March 2008 in Hardware
I've got a 250gb HD I use to keep all my crap on, (not the system drive where Windows and all my programs are stored) and recently I've been getting delayed write errors where it's telling me my data was lost and to try and save it elsewhere. Well, I went and temporarily evacuated all my data off of it (luckily I didn't actually lose anything) to another computer on the network. I did a full format and tried to copy everything back over on my own computer, but I'm still getting the errors.

Is this HD on its way out or is there something I can do about it?

EDIT: Woo, 2k posts! Why'd it have to be in a help me thread? :aol:

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Grab the bootable diagnostic CD from the manufacturers website, burn it, then boot from it. Run a short test. If that passes, run a long test. That will tell you if the drive is failing. If it is, and the drive is under warranty, head back to the manufacturers website and fill out an RMA form. :)
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2008
    Thanks! It failed the short self-test, but I don't think it's still under warranty. :(
    edited March 2008
    Sorry to hear that. :(

Still, don't put anything on that guy! Heh.
  • edited March 2008
    I have same case, some HDD is not bootable but still can view data on it, when I want to retrieve data from outlook, I could not do it coz, do not have permission to do so .............. :( that is really damn ..............s*** ............ sorry for my language
    edited March 2008
    Can you take ownership of the files?
  • edited March 2008
    no, that why I was so frustrated ...............