unmountable_boot_volume

edited March 2008 in Hardware
...my computer was working fine yesterday, and then today when i started it, the computer started fine and after the windows xp screen goes away, it makes these weird noises and then i get this blue screen with the words "unmountable_boot_volume at the top and the comp frezes and when i restart, the same thing happens...if i try to boot in safe mode the same thing happens...i started reading on the internet about "unmountable_boot_volume" and some people say to reboot using ur windows cd (i have windows xp btw), but i dont have that cd, so i got a windows xp cd and burned it with nero on the "make bootable cd" option...so when the computer boots up from the cd, it gets me to this page with 4 options that i have to type in and i tried all of them and still nothing happens

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited March 2008
    I think you have hard drive with a problem.

Check your hard drive connections- take off and reattach them to be sure. I would then suggest you try the Drive diagnostics guide here and the Drive Fitness Test (DFT) mentioned should tell you what you need to know.