Ordered my gaming system yesterday. What you guys think?

edited May 2008 in Hardware
Well I Ordered my system yesterday and I want to thank you guys for all your input. This is the system I ordered.
Case:COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution
PSU:Real Power Pro 1000W
CPU:E8400 Core 2 Duo
CPU Cooler:ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
Mobo:EVGA NVIDIA 790I Ultra
Memory: OCZ Platinum 4 gig DDR3 1600(PC3 12800)
Video: BFG 8800 GTS 512 mb (g92) x 2
HDD:Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB

Now the only question that remains should I switch to Vista? I am currently running XP Pro. I'm going to be using the system predominately for gaming.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Stick with XP.

Solid, solid system. I'm sketchy on the 790i given all of NVIDIA's past attempts at chipsets (The 680i most disastrously), but initial reports are positive.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I'd say stick with XP 32 bit for a bit longer even though you have 4GB physical ram. You'll only have 3GB for a single process available, but i still believe it will be better performance than with 4Gb and Vista 64. You'll miss out on DX10 though, but from what i have seen so far, nothing much to miss really.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Sounds like a pretty good system!

I'd definitely stick with XP, Vista is practically Windows ME version 2008 from all that I've heard about and seen in person. A huge steaming pile, to put it in simple terms.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    If you can find a copy XP64....it runs great if you want your 4GB of ram. The 790i boards i like but do the bios update to P04 it gets rid of all the weird post errors that you get out of the box new. If you OC that thing shoot me a message my 790i or my quad won't run over 490 bus, talked to(dude running 507 with e8400) and seen post of guys pushing over 510 on the bus though. You are set though man, get it built and get some benches.