Disk read error

edited March 2008 in Hardware
Hi, this isnt what you think, Im not getting a Disk Read Error everytime i start up

I can boot my computer, play for a while but 20-30 minutes in while I play a game, my computer has blue screen of "Death" and it flashes for a second so i cant read it, my computer turns on and it says "Disk Read Error Press Ctrl+alt+delete to reboot" and i reboot and it says the same thing again so I wait 5-6 minutes and turn my computer on again and it works and I play a game and it turns off and it has the same message and i leave it alone for 5-6 minutes and the loop goes on and on.

Its not the game im playing (warcraft 3, Gunz the duel lol, CS, CS : Source, CS 1.6, Half Life 2) for sure because this is only happening after I reformatted it ( I reformatted it 2 weeks ago because my computer was not turning on and I was clueless)

My specs are:
Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless mobo
AMD 5200+ x2 processor
OCZ 1.5 gig of ram
Nvidia BFG 8800+ GTS
WD Raptor 10k rpm 75 gig
600W PS (BRAND NEW :D)

Yeah thats it i guess
My case is broken and there is a fan on the side and the fan broke off, but i fixed it by replacing the fan.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2008
    Your hard disk is failing due to overheating most likely.
  • edited March 2008
    So if I get a 7.5k rpm, would that burn out slower than my 10k rpm? Anyway to fix this problem?
    edited March 2008
    You might just have a bad drive.
  • edited March 2008
    Oh
    Ill get a new one soon
    When im playing a game and blue screen comes up is this because of ram? i have 1.5 gig

and my proccessor fan is really loud, it makes a whining noise D:
    anyway to fix? its stock fan, should i get a new one?
    edited March 2008
    How is that relevant to your hard drive?