Gigabyte mobo problem

edited March 2008 in Hardware
Greetings everybody

I recently bought a GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H Micro ATX mobo and everything is great except the fact that the stupid Award bios splash screen pops up everytime I boot my pc. My old mobo never had this problem and neither should this Gigabyte. Is there anyway for me to get rid of this annoying screen? I scoured the web for information on this topic to no avail. I even tried the Gigabyte website with no success either.

Also, for some reason my Sound Blaster Audigy SE soundcard crashes Counter Strike Source on my pc. This never happened on my old Asus A8AE-LE mobo. The sound card works perfectly with every other application except CSS. Any ideas as what could be causing this?

thanks for any help

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2008
    I don't know if we can help you with that. You might wanna try the steam community forums.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2008
    I don't have the same mobo as you, but mine does have that same splash screen. On mine there is an option to dissable it. I'm not at home or I'd reboot and look. But I seem to recall at the bottom of that splash screen there is a message saying press _______ to dissable the splash screen.

As for the crashing, other then making sure all the drivers are up to date. Check in your options for the game and check to see if you have an EAX or other sort of hardware rendering sound options enabled. Turn them off and see if it makes a difference. You may also want to reinstall the game if it was installed with your old motherboard before the upgrade. It could be installed based on those settings.