HELP PLEASE! Mega problems

jennihjennih UK
edited March 2008 in Hardware
i don't know what i have done! i just wiped over the keys of my laptop, and i think i've pressed something by accident. My screen has rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise, and i don't know how to sort it out!
i tried to restart, and the start up screen was the right way, but when the desktop appeared it was still side-ways!

any help would be very much appreciated as my neck hurts now!

btw, i'm running vista, and i have a toshiba A100 laptop, if thats of any relevance!

jen

Comments

• adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Odds are you tapped the FN key and the shortcut key for screen rotation simultaneously. Don't know for sure which key it was, could be Alt (Gr) or another "universally unrecognizable" key icon. You might try this:

Right click on your screen and go to Properties, Settings, Advanced. Find your graphics card/adapter, click on it, select display settings and you should be able to revert it back to normal. GL!
  • jennihjennih UK
    edited March 2008
    thanks, i seem to have managed to fix it now!
    was really hurting my neck, and it is well hard to coordinate the mouse movement!

jen
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    :bigggrin:
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Shift Alt and <Arrow key> Usually does it :tongue: