please help,, problem with a portable hardisk drive

edited April 2008 in Hardware
hey guys... hope ur fine...

recently, i faced a weird problem with my external portable hard disk drive....

i connected it using usb with my laptop... but i surprised that when i clicked on the hard drive icon in "my computer" i found no files nor folders!! its just a blank .... though its appeared that iam using 78 GB from it .. but where is my data !!!!

sssvj7.jpg

so any body knows how to fix that or have any information or suggestion please reply and tell me what to do ... coz i have many important data in it and iam afraid of what is happening :sad2:

waiting your help ... .. thanx

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2008
    Do you have a different computer you can check it in.
  • edited April 2008
    thanx kryyst for replying,,,,

and yeah i checked it in different computers...

the same results :(
    edited April 2008
    go into tools folder options and make is show all hidden files, all protected files and show any extensions.
  • DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited April 2008
    Is there two partitions on this drive?
  • edited April 2008
    hey ,,,,

i did what u had told me kryyst and i showed the hidden files and folders ,, but all what appeared is worthless and strange files.....

---

no dj evergreen,, its just an external hard drive (((USB))) one partition only.. :(

any new suggestions ??
    edited April 2008
    Is this an encrypted USB key and can you give us a small list of some of these files you say are worthless and strange.

Now it's also very possible the drive got scrambled. It does happen. You can check to see if there is anything recoverable on it with a program called Get Data Back there is a free trial that will show you what's recoverable, but you would have to acquire a license for it to actually recover those programs.