Trouble Enabling Fast Writes

DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Specs: HP Pavillion ze5185 laptop P4 2.4 100 mhz Fsb 512 ddr 266 ATI Radeon Mobility M6 32mb 60 GB Hitachi HD.

Ok well here's the issue i was looking for ways to improve this laptop. I opened up wcpuid and looked at chipset info and i saw that agp fast writes was disabled. I then went into the bios to search for a setting, but you know laptop / proprietary computer companies' bioses are not well documented. I didn't find any setting in there.

So I figured I could change it with RivaTuner, but in rivatuner it is all greyed out so i can not select it.

Next on the list was rage3d. I searched around but could not find any settings.

There was also nothing in settings that had anything to do with fast writes, so i'm asking you. Is there some sort of way that i can get fast writes enabled perhaps a registry hack, perhaps by disabling something?

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Here are the pictures of display settings, wcpuid chipset info, and rivatuner.
1.jpg 59.7K

Comments

• DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
    edited June 2003
    wcpuid notice fastwrite is supported but yet it is disabled.
    2.jpg 55.8K
  • DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
    edited June 2003
    rivatuner... notice the greyed out area
    3.jpg 32.8K
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    i myself just diable fast write even if i can ebable, it decrease my stability when the video card is overclocked, and there are hardly any performance increase from enableing fast write

by the way i have a ti4600
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I answered this in Addaboy but.. anyway..

That mobility doesn't support fast writes.

ATI actually say that their cards don't support fast writes. For stability especially, they recommend them off.
  • DoM-aLDoM-aL Indiana
    edited June 2003
    Why would it say on wcpuid that it supports it if it doesnt actually?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Maybe it's there but it can't be changed.
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    wcpuid says the chipset[\i] supports fast writes, not the card itself.

~dodo