tttooommmy10 Defense

13»

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Alright Q, for the reins, all wheat cheap infantry troops, no calvary whatsoever. I would like to see another 4-5k troops in place between you and me but whatever you can part with is good. Like I said before, I am producing defense 24/7. If anyone can help with some this, then please do. Don't forget wheat, send 24 hours worth if possible but stagger it in 6-10k shipments. I'm still working on getting the granary leveled up.

1st village; -175|25
  • edited April 2008
    my village is collecting up with resources can i send all the resources it has to anyone?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    my village is collecting up with resources can i send all the resources it has to anyone?
    Build! Train! :D
    edited April 2008

Get that granary raised Tom.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Any incoming attacks that we know of?

TBonz, I'll dispatch spear in a few. Probably send 1,000 more but from Aries. Chronos is tapped out until tomorrow. I have 1600 palls sitting if you need them fast.
  • edited April 2008
    nope
    edited April 2008
    Like Tom said.

1000 is perfect Q, my troops are really starting to stack up nicely so I can provide the rest for what's needed.
    edited April 2008
    I sent Broady's troops. 1000 Praetorian's. They are a good counterpoint to my spearmen. They'll be there in 1:30 hrs. :D
    edited April 2008
    I received an e-mail from Tom yesterday (just got it now) that said he plans to "start his own outpost" somewhere. If this is the case, I'd rather we didn't expend more alliance resources on this :rolleyes:
    edited April 2008
    What? We have plenty of croppers left around us? Also, he moves away from us and he will find himself out of our defensive range. Makes no sense. :scratch:

Did you strongly encourage him to rethink that crappy decision?
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I replied as such.
    edited April 2008
    That's the first I heard of this. If that is the case, I have to agree with the two of you. The only reason I can think of that he isn't going to the outpost is because it's too far away from his existing four villages. Let's see what he has to say about it first.

We can probably pull out soon regardless, he hasn't been attacked in almost two days. I think ludo and craigthegunner got the point.
    edited April 2008
    I have three separate areas now. Down south, the old powerbase, and the outpost. Do I like it, no but I know that when things get hairy, the southern two are goners. The powerbase may be safe for a while but they are still within range of some defense. The outpost is going to be the safest. We can bounce troops and resources in under an hour. Right now, there is no one close enough to mount a big enough attack within that time frame.

If Tom stays down south with his other villages he might be safe for a few weeks but it's 8 hrs to get things to him from the outpost. If he moves to create an outpost further west but still south of us, it may be an hour or two for him to shuffle resources and troops and that may not be fast enough to live.
    edited April 2008
    Ideally, I prefer people not settle more than 20 tiles from the center of the outpost where my large 15-croppers are unless they are preparing significant defenses with a cropper, etc.

It's simple: My Praetorians are slow, but they will soon number enough to deflect any single-player attack on the outpost. The closer you are to Flint, the safer you are. Undertow (10 tiles from Flint) will be doing the same, but it's still under construction.
    edited April 2008
    Hera will continue defense if needed but is poised to turn offensive. You're call. Demeter and any villages over there will be defensive until protected and then shuffle resources to the outpost.
    edited April 2008
    Nah, up to you mate. I'll appreciate all the defensive prep possible at the outpost, but which direction to point individual villages is up to you :) It's a coin toss as to which we'll need more of. You'll notice I developed my offense in my first 15c and defense in my second. We still have some time, I think. 6c villages definitely need defensive troops, but croppers are up to their owners. Just make sure you can defend them SOMEhow :p
  • edited April 2008
    i haven't been attacked yet, so i think its safe to say that they wont come back. if you want me to send your troops back just say.

thanks everyone!!
  • edited April 2008
    im going to send the troops back as i want to start building some pladins
    edited April 2008
    I'd recommend at least 500 scouts there to make attackers think twice before just rumbling into town. 1000 would be great....
  • edited April 2008
    ok ill build 500 scouts first.

thanks for your help guys your troops are on their way home.

if any of you need help in the future just ask and ill do my best :)