Suggestions on a new hd? Or New PC instead?

edited April 2008 in Hardware
I'm looking forward to buying a hard drive for my computer... I'm looking for something in the 1TB range. I wanna get my money's worth, in other words... I'm not rich, but I don't want something that will end up giving out on me too soon, I call it an investment but I don't know which brand, type, what to look for when looking for one (the specs I guess) and so on. I bought a 300gb Western Digital IDE Drive, 8mb cache, 7200rpm (which I guess I just bought it because of its size, for another machine, but that was then, when I wasn't thinking). Now I just wanna be sure.
The comp. is an eMachine T5026 3.06ghz with (1) 160gb sata drive
(all I know is I would need it to be a sata drive)
And what I'm wondering is if I should even "invest" in a new hd or if I'm better off just buying a new computer? ANY suggestions are always appreciated...

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Based on how you worded your post I just gotta ask.... is there something wrong with your PC, do you NEED 1TB of storage? Or do you think adding a HDD will solve some kind of problem you've been having not relating to HDD space?
  • edited April 2008
    The machine is fine, I just want to back everything up which I only have 1.5gb left of space so I figure backing everything up won't be such a bad idea, plus also having a ton of extra space as to not worry about it ever again, I mean, I don't wanna have to end up buying another. The words from the previous post may have suggested the machine has something wrong with it but no, it doesn't. What I'm trying to say is if it would be good to upgrade for more space (though it works flawlessly now, no hd problem or anything else) or if I'm better off just buying another one)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    From what you have said so far, I would get an external HD for back ups and extra storage.
    This would be an excellent choice.