2.5 IDE Laptop HDD to Desktop SATA adapter

edited April 2008 in Hardware
Hello

Does anyone know of, or if there is, an adapter to connect a 2.5" IDE Laptop Hard Disk Drive to a Desktop SATA port?

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Hmmm...I know you can convert laptop IDE to USB, but I have not seen Laptop IDE to SATA. Full size IDE to SATA but not 2.5"
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2008
    I haven't seen a single adapter that can do that. But you could do it in two stages convert the 2.5 ide to 3.5 ide then convert that to sata.

Of course I would recommend just putting it into an external enclosure and using it that way. Or are you intending to use this as a primary device? In which case pigging backing adapters isn't recommended either.
  • edited April 2008
    no one has made such an adapter? That is strange with the advent of 2.5 SATA HDD for Laptops. You would think that someone would create one.

I want to take the data off of my laptop drive, repartition it, return the data to the second partition, return it to my laptop, and install windows + apps to first partition.

I thought it would be easier to use a SATA connection. I guess I will have to use the 44 pin IDE to 40 pin IDE adapter, or a 44 Pin IDE to USB adapter, unless anyone has the solution I'm looking for.

Rob