Travian: Southern Suburbs

Comments

• LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited April 2008
    I've got this tabbed open with a mind to Scout/Raid

http://speed.travian.co.uk/karte.php?d=310209&c=0f

It'd put you nicely between Muffin and TBonz, just depends on whether Anna's the play-nice type!
  • edited April 2008
    Good spot Lambo, as far as I can see (quick glance down her alliance list) all her biggest allies are wayyyy too far away to help her any.. altho, it was only a quick glance ;)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Lambo wrote:
    just depends on whether Anna's the play-nice type!
    Yeeeah, appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not settling in the middle of a Myth player no matter how "nice" they are ;)
  • edited April 2008
    yeah, y'all come on down... could always use some more friendly faces.
    edited April 2008
    Ok, back to the drawing board :D

Another suggestion!

How about getting Nomad to switch his capital and conquering it? Population 393, wasn't being raided particularly, and his Alliance were EVIL MASTERMINDS, but he got booted. He could switch the account password and someone could build Palace in 2nd Village!

And seeing how it's you, I'd even agree to stop raiding it :D
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Yeeeah, appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not settling in the middle of a Myth player no matter how "nice" they are ;)
    in Ashyra's last words, 'Anna=Ass Sucking Whore'

because she raided the hell out of him the entire time, so when he quit he changed all his village names to that :p

and on the topic of MyTh, you could just check if it's ok to take one of PC-V's villages, since he hasn't been online in at least 7 days according to my lovely inactivity tool :)
    edited April 2008
    I've PMed Nomad asking him to move his capital. The only way I'll make this move is to conquer a village and found 2 others next to it, so I need to save up some culture points and finish my outpost villages first.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Need any help, let me know. I have cats at Chronos. I know, residence only. ;D

Send word and it will be done. ;)
    edited April 2008
    Sooo... let me pose this question: what is the tactical advantage of me having 1-3 six-croppers in the south?

The more I think about it, the more it seems like it would be a liability and tactical blunder. They can't supply my croppers, they won't get oases, they can't hold enough troops to send significant reinforcements, and I would have to defend them from Myth/Zero players.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I see your point. It could be a tactical advantage if we were to find and croppers in the area that aren't occupied by Myth and Zero. I'm sure they'll be a few.
  • edited April 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    I see your point. It could be a tactical advantage if we were to find and croppers in the area that aren't occupied by Myth and Zero. I'm sure they'll be a few.

Im not sure that there are any according to this...

http://travian-utils.com/en/?s=ukx&z=307786
    edited April 2008
    Really... there are several tactical advantages other than make the southern folk feel better. It would provide some stability for smaller players to grow large enough to ship settlers to the outpost. Also... it's an opportunity to see some action and a show of force for potential suitors.

The way I look at it... we WILL continue to lose villages in the south if we cannot quickly shuffle large forces to protect them and show other alliances that there are a quite a few big players down there.

If we DEMAND that all southern players ship all resources to villages in the outpost and totally abandon the south, then we can avoid new villages. tttooommmy was recruited for his growth and power but that is totally lost by giving up the entire south.
  • edited April 2008
    and my hero is just on his way to grab my second oasis - you wouldnt wanna leave him all alone there would ya?? :P
    edited April 2008
    Surely a stripped down, maxed-out troop producer on a 6 cropper can hold ~6000+ troops assuming you're not using Gold?

Plus... increased population=increased Alliance ranking=better chance of playing End Game?

Having said that, if you don't want it..... I'll take it! Can have a Senator ready in a jiffy...... Ish.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited April 2008
    i can have a senator ready in less than an hour as well.
    edited April 2008
    Alright, I'll dip my toe to start.

Q, I have a catapult checklist for you for tomorrow, if you'd be so kind:

- Residence
    - Stable
    - Embassy

I won't be needing those ;) Blacksmith I will keep for the moment.

Please only target each once. If you down the building with one wave and a second wave is looking for it, it will revert to "random".
    edited April 2008
    One wave of each... right my Lord. :respect:

I love this stuff. :D
    edited April 2008
    One wave for Residence sent from Aries. ETA 14 hrs. 25 cats.

Chronos is recalling Cats from storage at fourstar's. Be back in 2 hrs. Then those will be out targeting the embassy.

BTW, I have no idea how many cats it takes do take out a building... any suggestions?
    edited April 2008
    http://dhost.info/travian2005/Wiki/index.php/Catapult

Flint's Senators will hit 12:49:41 pm ET tomorrow, with a handful of Imperians. I will precede AND follow it with my Senator @ Beachhead, which is the one I intend to use to capture it.

Nomad informs me the capital will be transferred this evening.
    edited April 2008
    I assume that his residence is not above 13 or so, right? Embassy should be an easy kill. Stable will be next... probably later this afternoon. Should be ready for your visit.:D
    edited April 2008
    OK, sounds good. :) I actually don't have enough culture points yet, but I will by then! ;D
    edited April 2008
    2 waves from Chronos... 5:33 hrs away. Stables and Embassy. That will allow me to send them again, if needed.
    edited April 2008
    First Senator (from Beachhead) has been dispatched and will hit 3:15am ET.

Then 10 hours back to Beachhead, and 10 hours back out... if it runs like clockwork I will have a village in the south at midnight tomorrow. :ninja:

Operation "Southern Exposure" is a GO. :D
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Operation "Southern Exposure" is a GO. :D
    Prime has already used that code name before. Didn't it get him a weekend in jail. ;D

LOVE YA BRIAN!!!! :p
    edited April 2008
    not sure what you guys have but me and lambo in our sectioned off little area have a total of
    3200 legs
    1800 prae
    310 IE
    110 EC
    500 scouts
    30 catas
    30 rams
    200 imperians
    edited April 2008
    Looking good Sidekick. What d-level are those troops?
    edited April 2008
    my legs and prae are both 8 and 8 defense
    lambo has level 14 prae and 8 leg
    edited April 2008
    I suggest stopping upgrading in the blacksmith and focus your resources on the armoury. Especially the prats. Legs are good to upgrade attack, but for the prats, there isn't much point in lvl'g up.

Right now I am focused on getting my legs and prats to lvl 20 defense and have practically ignored my blacksmith. Once lvl 20 is established, I'll start sinking resources into offensive troops, strategically depending on the village.
    edited April 2008
    yeah, im working on it. i do alot of offense too so i like to keep it on track.

EDIT//
    my praes have NO offense actually. just the imperians and legs
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    level 20 praetorians in Bakery Hotel :D
    and about 4k of them at my croppers ;)