Anyone know Macs?

one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
edited April 2008 in Internet & Media
Safari will not let me upload an avatar for Icrontic.
I opine to upload one from my computer.
It's a50x50, 8KB, jpg, so the specs are not the problem.
I click Save Changes, and Safari navigates to:
(failed to open page)
Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://icrontic.com/forum/profile.php?do=updateavatar”. The error was: “POSIX error: Invalid argument” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:22) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.
...i have reported it to Apple and for some reason they haven't gotten back to me about it yet. ;)

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    What version safari?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited April 2008
    This won't fix that problem, but install another web browser(firefox) for now. Then update safari.
  • one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
    edited April 2008
    Version 3.1.1 (4525.18)

oh, tmh: i def would but this is- at the risk of losing all future credibility i might have had- my wife's mac laptop and she's pretty anal about umm... everything to do with it. but yeah. if it were mine i'd b using firefox and this crap wouldn't happen.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    It's a problem with the preferences in your ~/Library/Preferences folder, where ~ is your username/house or ~/Library/Caches. I'm betting if you logged in under another account it'd work fine.

To target it, I'd suggest moving the caches folder to your desktop, logging out, and logging back in to see if it still does it. If yes, drag the preferences folder out, if it still does it, drag out Internet Plug-Ins and Safari, all under the ~/Library folder.

If it works, delete the folder on your desktop. You may need to input some information again in the future.
  • one234hone234h Downingtown, PA [USA]
    edited April 2008
    oh sweet. ok thanks! will do. i will let you know how it works out!